If you're interested in inquiring about a career opportunity with Williams Randall Marketing, send an email to email@example.com.
Director or Manager of Client Strategy
At Williams Randall, the Director (or Manager) of Client Strategy is the agency's lead client strategist, focused on providing insight and guidance to clients and the Williams Randall team to ensure activities performed by the agency are moving the client towards its business goals. As such, the Director of Client Strategy must thoroughly understand a client's business goals and industry and make recommendations to achieve those goals. The person in this role will also co-supervise our account executive team and work with them to ensure clients are provided with a high level of innovative and strategic thinking. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Please note: Telecommuting for this position will not be
considered; only applicants able to be a full-time employee at our
Indianapolis office should apply.
- Full account service responsibilities on specific clients
- Provide account direction and guidance
- Stay informed about client goals, industry trends, and competition
- Educate clients on marketing best practices
- Develop annual plans
- Define project specifications/scope for estimating; write proposals; get estimates/budgets approved
- Write Creative Briefs and lead kick-off meetings
- Review campaign creative to ensure marketing objectives remain in focus
- Plan creative presentations to clients
- Work closely with project management team, who handle day-to-day communications with internal staff and the client and guide projects to completion
- Work collaboratively with other departments to review media plans, analytics plans, etc.
- Contribute strategically to all agency accounts; oversee
development of annual plans for all clients
- Facilitate branding and discovery sessions
- Supervise, mentor and train account executives
- Develop standard process and format for all strategic documents, such as annual plans and creative briefs
- Collaborate closely with the manager of client services/client development to help grow existing clients and assist with new business efforts as needed
- Prior experience in a senior level account management or account planning role in a small- to mid-sized ad agency
- Extensive experience writing high-level strategic proposals and marketing communications plans
- Strong experience with brand development and positioning
- Experience with the creative process for both digital and traditional advertising programs, from ideation to execution
- Experience with research methodologies and advertising analytics and using this information to uncover insights helpful to strategic planning
- Capable personnel manager, with team building skills and mentoring abilities
- Independent thinker, self-starter, passionate about strategy and goals
We are looking for a motivated, organized and relationship-oriented project manager to join the Williams Randall team. In this position, you will work on offline and online projects for local and national brands. You will make a direct impact on our clients' business through your ability to guide projects successfully through the project cycle. This position reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
The project manager's primary mission is to ensure that assigned internal and client projects are appropriately estimated and then completed successfully - on schedule and within the allocated budget. Additional responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day project communications with client and internally
- Develop project estimates based on scope defined with our Account Service team
- Monitor hours & budgets throughout a project
- Develop and manage project timelines, ensure deadlines are met, raise awareness on issues requiring escalation
- Manage internal routing and client approvals
- Traffic work to vendors (printers, pubs) and ads to media team for distribution
- Run client status meetings
- Client relationship support
- Help establish and refine agency workflow processes
- Schedule agency resources and set staff priority lists, identify freelance needs
Skills needed to apply:
- 2-5 years of experience in project management
- Advertising agency experience preferred
- Proficient user of project management software; Basecamp and Workamajig experience a strong plus
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, comfortable with client interaction and collaborating with a team, yet excels at working independently
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing tactics and operations
- Must approach technology and digital media with a "no fear" attitude and feel comfortable learning new things
- Overall eagerness to self-educate, problem-solve, identify and recommend areas for improvement in agency project execution, and a strong motivation toward producing the best possible work for our clients
- Note: Telecommuting for this position will not be considered; only applicants able to be a full-time part of our Indianapolis office should apply.
Send your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.